Having recently start tweeting, I am pleased to report on a couple of Twitter clients under development: TwitterFX and TweetBox.
TwitterFX is an open source project led by Steve Herod of Australia. At this writing it is v0.17, and already has a nice feature set. Here is a screenshot of TwitterFX:
Who are the tweeters in the screenshots?
- Steve Herod: The leader of the TwitterFX project, and prolific blogger.
- Silveira Neto: The Sun Tech Lead and CS Student in Brazil that I've featured on this blog in the context of game development. Coincidentally, he has a recent post entitled Reading Twitter with JavaFX in which he shows very succinctly how to do just that!
- Jonathan Giles: The Swing links of the week blogger located in New Zealand.
- Alex Ruiz: The leader of the FEST-Swing and Fest-JavaFX projects, which provide a fluent interface for functional Swing GUI, and JavaFX GUI testing, respectively. Alex is located in the US as am I.
- Andres Almiray: Groovy guru, speaker, and GUI builder aficionado. Located in the US, and has a very enlightening blog.
I look forward to seeing the progress of both of these JavaFX Twitter clients!